Mix of the Month


I'm hooked on this monthly mixing challenge. January's Mix of the Month with the Home Studio Recording Facebook group is "Corine, Corine" by The Abletones Big Band.

I had so much fun mixing casually in Garageband for the previous event, that I decided to do it again. Only this time, I installed my studio plug-ins on the laptop so I would have a few more tools to work with.

I learned a lot about using Pultec EQs on this mix. I'm pretty sure I understand how and why they became popular when they did. They are great for separating tracks in a multiple mic situation. I used the Waves version.

Anyway, here's my mix. This was about four hours of work from excellent source material.

UPDATE: I worked on focusing and lifting the acoustic bass and kick drum. Here's version 2!

P.S. - The link to Waves on this page will get you 10% off and benefits me as well.

Comments