Post ARC 2 Mix Revelation

Whoa. I'm mixing a new song after installing ARC 2 room correction software in my studio, and I am amazed. Without ARC, my speakers would have led me to believe that everything I recorded (which sounded great in my headphones) is too boomy in the low mids. I would have started making cuts and thinning out the tracks.

The happy reality is, and I'm verifying this by checking my mix on different playback systems, that the tracks were recorded just fine and need very little corrective EQ. Mixing has been much more fun as the arrangement is gelling together nicely.

Another change for me is that I did most of the mix tonight in mono. This really helped me place the lead vocal in a comfortable spot. The recordings are not mono, but mixing in mono gives me a more clear picture of the basic volume mix.

I'm going to sit with my new mix for a few days, and I might have a new song coming out very soon!

Comments